APHL 2019 PulseNet/OutbreakNet Joint East Coast Regional Meeting
January 15 17, 2019
Location: Embassy Suites Tampa USF
PulseNet/OutbreakNet Joint Regional Meeting
January 15-17, 2019
Embassy Suites Tampa-USF
Hosted by the:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases
- United States Food and Drug Administration
- United Sates Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- National Environmental Health Association
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
The Joint PulseNet/OutbreakNet East Coast Regional Meeting will bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists, and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. Issues discussed will include surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases. This 2 ½ day meeting will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel-USF in Tampa, FL from January 15-17, 2019. Combined sessions and discipline-specific sessions are planned over the course of the meeting.
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network and are interested in standardized PFGE and WGS methods for subtyping of enteric pathogens
- Epidemiologists who detect, respond to, and support national surveillance for multistate outbreaks of enteric bacterial pathogens
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments
- FDA Rapid Response Teams
LogisticsTravel FundsLaboratory and epidemiology personnel that have ELC or EIP funding are expected to use those funds for travel expenses to this meeting. Limited travel scholarships will be available. Epidemiologists, laboratorians, and environmental health specialists may apply for a travel scholarship by filling out this form: https://cste.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cIrhVKtLQKT0gu1For OutbreakNet and PulseNet scientists and epidemiologists who would like to request a letter of support for travel using ELC funding, please send a request to OutbreakNet@cdc.gov with the following information:
- Subject line: Letter of Support for Regional Meeting Attendance
- Name, department, and address for attendees who should be listed in the letter
There is no registration fee for this meeting, however, you must be registered to attend. Click on the “Register Now!” link at the top left of this page to begin the process.
Registration is due December 15, 2018.
This meeting will take place in the Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa USF which is located on the University South Florida campus. The conference rate is $155.00 (federal per diem rate) single/double plus tax per night. Reservations must be made no later than December 15, 2018 to receive this rate. Please call 813.977.7066 to make your reservation and refer to “Association of Public Health Laboratories”. You may also make your reservation online. Complimentary breakfast and evening reception are included.
We have two overflow suite hotels, both a five minute walk from the Embassy Suites.
- Wingate Hotel-Tampa USF with a rate of $155 plus tax. Call 813.979.2928 and use code “APHL” or reserve online using code “CG14AS”. Complimentary breakfast and wifi are included. Cut-off date is Dec. 24, 2018.
- Home2 Suites Hotel-Tampa USF/Busch Gardens with a rate of $149 (King bed) or $154 (2 queen beds) plus tax. Call 813.750.0972 and use code “APHL” or reserve online. Complimentary breakfast and wifi and full kitchen are included. Cut-off date is Dec. 15, 2018.
As detailed information becomes available we will update this page and activate the appropriate links below.
There are no additional sessions for this event.