APHL 2017 PN/OBN Mountain/West Regional Meeting
February 8 10, 2017
Location: Sir Francis Drake Hotel
Joint Mountain/West Regional
PulseNet & OutbreakNet Meeting
February 8-10, 2017
Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Sponsored by the:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch and Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Food, Safety and Inspection Service
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
The Joint Mountain/West Regional PulseNet and OutbreakNet meeting will bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. Issues discussed will include regional surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases.This 2½ day meeting will be held at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco, CA from February 8-10, 2017. Combined sessions and discipline-specific sessions are planned over the course of the meeting.
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network and are interested in standardized PFGE subtyping and next generation sequencing methods for subtyping of enteric pathogens
- Epidemiologists who detect, respond to, and support national surveillance for multistate outbreaks of enteric bacterial pathogens
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments
- FDA Rapid Response Teams
Laboratory and epidemiology personnel that have ELC or EIP funding are expected to use those funds for travel expenses to this meeting. Limited travel scholarships will be available.
OutBreakNet attendees and epidemiologists interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the CSTE Funding Award Request Form by 5pm Eastern on Monday, December 5, 2016
. Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Monday, December 12. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For OutbreakNet attendees and epidemiologists who would like to request a letter of support for travel using ELC funding, please send a request to OutbreakNet@cdc.gov with the following information:
- Subject line: Letter of Support for Regional Meeting Attendance
- Name, department, and address for attendees who should be listed in the letter
PulseNet and Environmental Health Specialist attendees interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the PulseNet or Environmental Health funding award request form by 5pm Eastern on Monday, December 5, 2016.
Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Monday, December 12. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
For PulseNet attendees who would like to request a letter of support for travel, please send a request to Kristy Kubota, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no registration fee for this meeting, however, you must be registered to attend. Click on the “Register Now!” link at the top of this page to begin the process. Registration is due by January 18, 2017.
This meeting will take place in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in downtown San Francisco. To make your sleeping room reservations you may call 800.546.7866 and tell them you are with the “APHL PulseNet Regional Meeting” or you may reserve online
. Our meeting rate is $229 per night plus tax. This is below the federal per diem. These rates are valid until January 20, 2017 or until the block is filled. Our block at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel is filled. Here is a list of nearby hotels, however, we do not have special rates with any of them.
As detailed information becomes available we will update this page and activate the appropriate links below.
Online Registration– click on Register Now! link at the top of this page
There are no additional sessions for this event.