Southeast Regional PulseNet & OutbreakNet Meeting
November 29 - December 1, 2016
Embassy Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt
Sponsored by the:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch and Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
The Southeast Regional PulseNet and OutbreakNet meeting will bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. Issues discussed will include regional surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases.This 2 ½ day meeting will be held at the Embassy Suites hotel in Nashville from November 29 - December 1, 2016.Combined sessions and discipline-specific sessions are planned over the course of the meeting.
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network and are interested in standardized PFGE subtyping and next generation sequencing methods for subtyping of enteric pathogens
- Epidemiologists who detect, respond to, and support national surveillance for multistate outbreaks of enteric bacterial pathogens
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments
- FDA Rapid Response Teams
Laboratory and epidemiology personnel that have ELC or EIP funding are expected to use those funds for travel expenses to this meeting. Limited travel scholarships will be available.
OutBreakNet attendees and epidemiologists interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the CSTE Funding Award Request Form by 5pm Eastern on Friday, October 14, 2016. Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Friday, October 28. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
For OutbreakNet attendees and epidemiologists who would like to request a letter of support for travel using ELC funding, please send a request to OutbreakNet@cdc.gov with the following information:
- Subject line: Letter of Support for Regional Meeting Attendance
- Name, department, and address for attendees who should be listed in the letter
PulseNet and Environmental Health Specialist attendees interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the PulseNet or Environmental Health funding award request form by 5pm Eastern on Friday, October 14, 2016. Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Friday, October 28th. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For PulseNet attendees who would like to request a letter of support for travel, please send a request to Kristy Kubota, email@example.com
There is no registration fee for this meeting, however, you must be registered to attend. Click on the “Register Now!” link at the top of this page to begin the process. Registration is due by November 8, 2016.
This meeting will take place in the Embassy Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt Hotel. The conference rate is $169 single/double plus tax per night. Reservations must be made no later than October 28, 2016 to receive this rate.
Please call 615.277.4963 and use group code, APH, to make a reservation. You may also make a reservation online
As detailed information becomes available we will update this page and activate the appropriate links below.
Online Registration– click on Register Now! link at the top of this page
OutBreakNet Travel Award Request Form – Due October 14, 2016
PulseNet Travel Award Request Form – Due October 14, 2016
Environmental Health Travel Award Request Form – Due October 14, 2016