APHL 2017 PN/OBN Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting
April 5 7, 2017
Location: Hilton Providence
PulseNet & OutbreakNet Regional Meeting
April 5-7, 2017
Hilton Providence Hotel
Sponsored by the
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch and Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food Safety Inspection Service
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologist
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
The Joint Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regional PulseNet and OutbreakNet meeting will bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. Issues discussed will include regional surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases.This 2 ½ day meeting will be held at the Hilton Providence Hotel, Providence, RI from April 5-7, 2017. Combined sessions and discipline-specific sessions are planned over the course of the meeting.
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network and are interested in standardized PFGE subtyping and next generation sequencing methods for subtyping of enteric pathogens
- Epidemiologists who detect, respond to, and support national surveillance for multistate outbreaks of enteric pathogens such as E. coli, Salmonella sp and Listeria sp
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments
- FDA Rapid Response Teams
Laboratory and epidemiology personnel that have ELC or EIP funding are expected to use those funds for travel expenses to this meeting. Limited travel scholarships will be available.
OutBreakNet attendees and epidemiologists interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the CSTE Funding Award Request Form by 5pm Eastern on Friday, February 3rd
. Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Friday, February 10th. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
For OutbreakNet attendees and epidemiologists who would like to request a letter of support for travel using ELC funding, please send a request to OutbreakNet@cdc.gov
with the following information:
Subject line: Letter of Support for Regional Meeting Attendance
Name, department, and address for attendees who should be listed in the letter
PulseNet and Environmental Health Specialist attendees interested in applying for travel scholarships should complete the PulseNet or Environmental Health funding award request form by 5pm Eastern on Friday, February 3rd.
Awardees will be notified by 5pm Eastern on Friday, February 10th. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For PulseNet attendees who would like to request a letter of support for travel, please send a request to Kristy Kubota, email@example.comRegistration:There is no registration fee for this meeting, however, you must be registered to attend. Click on the “Register Now!” link at the top of this page to begin the process. Registration is due March 14, 2017.Hotel:This meeting will take place in the Hilton Providence hotel which is located in downtown Providence. The conference rate is $147.00 (federal per diem rate) single/double plus tax per night. This rate is valid until March 6, 2017 or until the block is filled. Call 800.445.8667 to make your reservation and refer to “Assn of Public Health Laboratories”. You may also make your reservation online.Hilton Providence Hotel, 21 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903, 401.831.3900As detailed information becomes available we will update this page and activate the appropriate links below. Draft AgendaOnline Registration – click on Register Now! link at the top of this pageMeeting Registration Form - Deadline March 14, 2017OutBreakNet Travel Award Request Form - Due February 3, 2017PulseNet Travel Award Request Form - Due February 3, 2017Environmental Health Travel Award Request Form - Due February 3, 2017Hotel reservations – Hotel block is full
Hilton Providence Hotel
There are no additional sessions for this event.